- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans
- Private education loans
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically using your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID.
- Select the appropriate academic year
- Include the Russell Sage College Federal school code: 002810
- Both the Entrance Counseling and MPN must be completed in order for funds to be disbursed to your student account at Russell Sage College.
- If you have previously borrowed Federal student loans, be sure to update your lender(s) with contact information and enrollment status (for loan deferment purposes).
- Log in on the Studentaid.gov homepage to review loan history and loan servicer details.
- Evaluate your need for additional funding such as the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan through the Department of Education, or private education loans through various lenders of your choice.
- Prior to borrowing through the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan program, you may need to review your credit reports for potential issues. Contact any of the following credit bureaus for information: Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion.
- The Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan credit decision expires within 180 days from applying.
- The maximum amount that you can borrow is up to the Cost of Attendance at Russell Sage College.
- The Graduate PLUS Loan is initiated by the school through your financial aid offer letter. The school’s financial aid office will provide additional instructions about the process for requesting a Graduate PLUS Loan. Any requests for additional GradPLUS loan funds after the initial loan disbursement must be completed through My Sage Aid under the New Loan Request tab.
- If approved for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, you must complete a separate Direct PLUS Loan MPN for Graduate/Professional students.
- If denied the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, you may re-apply with a co-signer (endorser) or appeal the denial through the Department of Education.
- For more information on financial aid at Russell Sage College, visit the Office of Financial Aid Graduate Student Aid page.